One of my favorite appetizers is Jalapeño poppers. I love them so much, sometimes I just buy a big premade batch from HEB, pop them in the oven and make that my meal. Are you judging me right now?
I used left over rotisserie chicken for this salad and came out perfect! I roasted the jalapenos to give it a deeper flavor. Just like jalapeño poppers, this salad is spicy, cheesy, crunchy and salty (thanks to the bacon). It is better served a
Full Recipe below!
Jalapeño popper Chicken Salad/Low Carb
You can also bake this chicken salad on a 375 Degrees preheated oven for 20-25 minutes for a delicious warm, cheesy dip.
- 3 Jalapeños halved and seeded
- 4 trips of bacon (cooked crispy and chopped)
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler on high and move one of the oven racks to the top third part of the oven. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the jalapeños (halved and seeded) cut side down and spray them with cooking spray. Cook until the skin starts to brown 5-10 minutes.
- Chopped the jalapeños and add them to a bowl along with the chicken, chopped bacon, green onion, mayonnaise, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Mix until everything is well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.