Jump to recipe
Because, how many versions of hummus are enough? I have not yet found the answer. It is one of the most versatile snacks there is. This is “Roasted Red Pepper Hummus”. This is the chickpea version made with jarred roasted red peppers, and it is probably my favorite way to make it.
I’ve made different versions of hummus like cauliflower and white bean hummus; all delicious of course, but there’s something about classic hummus that you just cant beat. Am I right?
It takes literally a couple minutes to make and all you need is a handful of ingredients and a trusty food processor.
Find recipe below!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 roasted red peppers (jar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for garnish (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic cloves a few times until finely minced.
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve some of the water. Add them to the food processor along with the rest of the ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Add some of the reserve liquid if you want a more smooth consistency. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- I like to garnish this hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of cumin.
- Serve with your favorite chips or veggies.
© 2024 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com