Jump to recipe
Finally my Vegan chorizo recipe is here! If you follow my stories you know I posted about this dish days ago. I wasn’t able to post the recipe because I wasn’t happy with the pictures. I had to make this dish three times in two weeks to finally get the look I wanted. This chorizo has been the hardest food to photograph but oh, does the flavor make up for it.
This “chorizo” is made with no other than mushrooms! I minced white mushrooms in the food processor, cook them until dry and brown and added some spices that give chorizo it distinctive flavor.
Chorizo and potatoes is one of my all time favorite breakfast, just add some tortillas and fresh avocados and you’re in for a delicious meal. Vegan, low calorie, low fat, paleo, whole30, insanely delicious.
Head to my stories to see the details on how to make this delicious “Vegan Chorizo and Potatoes”. I’ll give you a hint…its super easy.
Vegan Chorizo and Poatoes
- 1 big russet potato
- olive oil
- 8oz white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon guajillo powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican dry oregano
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cilantro and avocado for garnish
- warm tortillas for serving.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in small cubs and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- Clean and roughly slice the mushrooms. Transfer to a food processor and process until finely minced.
- In a skillet and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the mushrooms until they started to brown about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices to the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Stir for a couple of minutes until the mushroom are completely coated with the spices.
- Once the potatoes are done add the to the mushroom and stir to combine.
- Garnish with cilantro and avocados, serve with warm tortillas.
© 2024 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com