Have you started craving warm flavors as we get closer to fall? I am! I start craving spices so much. Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Clove. They are all so close to my heart and always have an abundance of these in my pantry during fall season. These same spices combined with chocolate remind me so much of Mexican Hot Chocolate. If you’ve not had it, you need to ASAP. It is fragrant, warm and incredible delicious! Just the smell of it takes me right back to my grandmother house, she would always make in when it was chilly outside. That was the best way to warm up body and soul.
Even with all the love I have for Mexican Hot Chocolate I would not make it in a 102 degree weather so… that is going to have to wait for a little longer. For now, I have infused these delicious banana muffins with the same flavors. Cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. The kitchen was full of a nostalgic aroma and it made me so happy! My kids kept asking every minute “when are those muffins going to be ready?!”
I think we are the whole batch in one day. In out defense, it was a small one. These Muffins are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
I hope you give this recipe a try!
Mexican Chocolate Banana Muffins /Paleo
- 2 large bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the egg, nut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bow, add the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and and spices. Whisk until all the crumbs are dissolved.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until done.
2 thoughts on “Mexican Chocolate Banana Muffins/ Paleo”
The perfect fall muffins! Such beautiful flavors here!
thank you so much! we can’t get enough of these muffins!