Jump to recipe
What a better way to warm up body and soul that a big bowl of homemade “Chicken Noodle Soup”. There’s nothing a bowl of chicken soup can’t fix, my grandmother used to say, and I believe it.
So here is, probably the easiest soup in the world but also the most healing. Made with whole wheat pasta, lots of veggies and lots of love.
Find recipe below!
- 2 bone-in chicken breast
- 1 onion, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 cup whole wheat fusilli
- In a pot, place the chicken and add enough water to cover it. Add the half onion, bay leaf and garlic. Cook until chicken is tender about 40 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done transfer to a plate and let it cool enough to handle. reserve the broth.
- Prepare the veggies. Cut the carrot and celery stalk in half, length wise and then slice it in about 1/4″ slices. Dice the rest of the onion. Set aside.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to a heavy bottom pot and sautee the veggies for a couple of minutes. Season with salt, pepper and chicken bouillon.
- Add the chicken broth and enough water to make about 2 quarts of soup and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and lower the heat to medium. Cook until the pasta and veggies are tender 12-15 min.
- While the pasta is cooking shred the chicken into bite size pieces and add to the soup before serving.
© 2023 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com