Super indulgent and rich Nutella and Sea Salt brownies that have become my newest obsession. I know this is the end of October and I should be baking all things pumpkin but… this brownies need their moment to shine no matter what time of the year it is so, put that pumpkin down and give them a chance. You won’t regret it!
What you need to make Nutella and Sea Salt Brownies
All purpose flour
Helpful tips and tricks
Melt the butter at low temperature, I know it takes longer but then you won’t have to let it cool before you add the eggs. Believe me, you don’t want to have scramble eggs in your brownies.
I was always told to never overmix brownie batter so, to keep me from over doing it I like to whisk the eggs and dry ingredients separately. That way I don’t have to stir too much trying to get rid of the lumps in the cocoa powder.
These brownies are very rich as you can imagine, that is why I like to go a little heavy on the salt, but the amount you put in is your choice, you could totally skip it if you don’t like the sweet and salty combo. Just have fun with this recipe! These brownies are so good there’s no way they won’t be delicious.
Nutella and Sea Salt Brownies
- Cooking spray
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Sea Salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Remove from the heat and add the sugar and vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and add them to the butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- In a separate bowl add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until there is no more crumbs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Chopped the milk chocolate into chunks and fold it into the brownie mixture. Add the batter to the prepared dish.
- Warm up the 1/2 cup of Nutella in the microwave for about 20 seconds, just to make it softer. scatter spoonfuls of the Nutella all over the brownie batter. Using a wooden pick swirl into the batter forming a marble effect.
- Sprinkle the top with sea salt and bake for 35 minutes or until done. Cool the brownies in the pan before cutting.