I developed this recipe many years ago. It is a very simple and fool proof recipe. I have adjusted it many times depending on the ingredients I have in hand and what flavor I am in the mood for at that moment. Always comes out perfect!
This recipe has no refined sugar which is amazing, but it is also vegan. Oh, I just love the warmth sweetness of the cinnamon. It makes it so fragrant and comforting and it is a batch you can eat without feeling guilty.
Fun fact, I used to sell this granola! my friends loved it so much, they talked me into selling it. That was my first cooking job. So this batch of granola is for you, amigas! you know who you are. I miss you.
See? so perfect, golden brown and delicious. It’s so worth to turn your oven on. I promise! Just think about all the smoothie bowls and yogurt parfaits you can top with this beautiful granola.
Find recipe below!
Homemade Cinnamon Nut Granola
You can also divide the granola between two smaller baking sheets, just keep an eye on them. They might brown faster.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup of nuts (I used 1/2 pecans 1/2 almonds)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil (I like to use clean taste olive oil but vegetable works as good)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 Degrees.
- Roughly chop the nuts and add them to a big mixing bowl.
- Add the three cups of oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix well until combined.
- In a measuring cup, add the oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix and pour over the oats.
- Mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until brown and crispy. Move the granola around three or four times while in the oven.
- Let cool completely before storing.