These cookies have quickly become my go-to recipe when I’m craving a sweet chocolatey treat. It is Gluten Free and also Refined Sugar Free. It is super easy to remember because it calls for one of each, 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup coconut sugar, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Easy right? I added mini chocolate chips because I can’t help myself, I want to make all thing chocolate these days.
For this recipe you will only need one bowl, a wooden spoon and some elbow grease. Don’t you love it when you don’t have to dirty your stand mixer? I am sure I am not alone on this one. So these cookies are not only easy to remember, easy to make but they are also pretty fast to put together.
This recipe will make about 15 cookies. I used a small ice cream scoop. It is a 1 1/2 tablespoon size if I am correct.
A dear friend of mine used to make similar cookies. I remember because she told me the same thing…”They’re easy to remember because they call for 1 of each, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 cup of sugar” I thought about her a lot while I was making these cookies. I tweak her recipe a little bit by using coconut sugar and adding the chocolate chips. I am sure she would’ve loved my version. I miss her dearly.
Find the recipe below!
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies/Gluten Free
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix the peanut butter and egg. You can do this by hand, it doesn’t take long.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar and baking soda. Make sure there are not crumbs of baking soda left. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix again until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet (I used a 1 1/2 tablespoon size scoop)
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes and let them cool completely without removing them from the cookie sheet. If you move them while they are warm the may fall apart.
- Be patient, and Enjoy!
6 thoughts on “5 Ingredients Peanut Butter Cookies/ Gluten Free”
These look so delicious! I love that they’re grain free too.
yes! and they are so good!
Thank you for this easy cookie recipe! I was looking for a cookie recipe that was using coconut sugar. I added just a pinch of salt as well and they turned out amazing!
im so glad to hear that! Thank you
These look like the best peanut butter cookies, so much flavor with the simple ingredients!
Yum! These are so simple. Plus healthy! I think I could pass these off as breakfast at my house.