You are going to love this Gluten Free version of “Vegetable Fritters” If you are growing a garden or just want to clean your produce basket, this recipe is perfect to use up all those summer vegetables. These fritters pack a bunch of flavor. I like to mix the shredded vegetables with a healthy tablespoon of Dijon mustard and parmesan cheese. They go so well with my delicious yogurt and dill dipping sauce. Don’t skip it! It is so delicious and well balanced. Bring on the summer!
What you need to make Vegetable Fritters:
Zucchini, carrots, bell pepper, green onions. These are vegetables I had in hand but other vegetables that would work great are broccoli and cauliflower finely chopped.
Corn flour. You can sub for regular flour if you don’t want to keep it gluten free.
Paprika, onion powder and garlic powder
For the yogurt dip:
Plain greek yogurt
What you need to know before you make this recipe:
Zucchini has a very high content of water, it is important that you let it sit in the colander for at least 10 minutes before you start mixing the ingredients. The salt is going to help release all the water, after the 10 minutes transfer the zucchini to a kitchen towel and squeeze any excess of water.
Find the recipe below.
5 Ingredient Potato and Tuna Cake – Marisol Cooks
Sweet Potato Tuna Cakes – Marisol Cooks
Vegetable Fritter with Yogurt Dill Dip
- 1 Large zucchini, shredded.
- 1 carrot, shredded.
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green and whites)
- ½ bell pepper tiny diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 1/8 cup Professor Torbert’s Corn Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- FOR THE YOGUR DILL DIP
- 1 5.3 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, grated.
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- Drizzle of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the yogurt dill. In a small bowl add the yogurt, granted garlic, honey, dill and salt and pepper. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- In a small colander, place the shredded zucchini and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt. Let it sit for 10 minutes until it releases most of the liquid. Transfer the zucchini to a thick paper towel or kitchen towel and squeeze any extra water. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded carrots, sliced green onions, diced bell pepper, Dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, corn flour, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and egg. Mix everything until well combined.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add enough oil to barely cover the bottom of the skillet. Make one very small patty (taste test) and cook it for a couple of minutes until golden brown on both sides. Taste the patty and adjust seasoning on the veggies mix if needed.
- Continue forming patties with your hands about 2tbs in size and drop them in the hot oil. (you can also drop them into the oil and flatten them with the back of a spoon If you don’t want to use your hands.) Cook for about 5 minutes or until the bottom starts to turn golden brown and the top looks set around the edges. Flip and cook for a couple more minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess of oil. Repeat with the rest of the vegetable mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with the yogurt dill.