I can’t believe it’s already Valentine’s Day! January seemed to last forever but February is flying by.
Here’s what I do every Valentine’s. Here is what WE do, I should say. Valentine’s Day is all about spending time as a family. We don’t dress up or make reservations at a fancy restaurant; we stay home, we cook together and spend time together. Me, my husband and our two girls. That’s my perfect Valentines. I want to create memories for them so that when they grow up and maybe don’t have a date for Valentine’s they know they can come home and enjoy a homemade dinner and brownies, and it would be totally lovely and perfect.
Now, let me tell you about these brownies. These are my go-to, kids-favorite brownies. I can make them with my eyes closed and my right hand tight behind my back (ok, not really). To make them you only need a sauce pan and wooden spoon. Yay, for less dishes!! I dressed them up for the occasion, of course. Very easy to make but also very special. This recipe was the very first brownie recipe I made from scratch. It’s been a minute!
Find the recipe below!
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Valentine’s candy and sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease a 8×8 baking dish
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter on low heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix again until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, sprinkle the top with Valentine’s candy and bake until done, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool before serving,