Jump to recipe
Fruit desserts are my favorite dessert and Galettes are definetly at the top of my list. They are so beautiful and rustic. I’m convinced there’s not a bad Galette in the world.
I normally make apple Galettes but since my husband loves strawberries and our Anniversary was coming, I thought “Strawberry Galettes for Two” was deliciously appropriate.
This recipes makes two individual Galettes but you can double it and make it big enough for 4 to 6 people.
Find the recipe below!
Strawberry Galettes for Two
- —-For the Galettes—-
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons butter (cold and cut in small pieces)
- iced water
- —-For the Filling—-
- 2 ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (or lemon)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- powder sugar and fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor add 1 cup of flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar, salt, and pulse a few times until combined.
- Add the butter and pulse a few time until the butter is in small bits the size of peas.
- With the food processor running add the cold water a tablespoon at a times until the dough starts to come together.
- Transfer to a floured surface and form into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least .30 min.
- In a mixing bowl add the strawberries, vanilla extract, orange juice, 1 tablespoon of flour and brown sugar and gently stir until the strawberries are completely coated with the mixture. Set aside.
- Cut the dough in two equal pieces and on a floured surface roll them out into 6-7 inches circles. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining flour between the two circles of dough.
- Add equal parts of the strawberry mixture into each center.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the strawberries, working your way around forming the galette.
- Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the edge of the galette. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar and garnish with fresh mint if desired.
© 2023 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com