Nice cream is a healthy way to make Ice Cream using frozen bananas as the base ingredient. It is a no churn method, you just need a good food processor or blender. The texture of the frozen bananas once processed it’s exactly like ice cream! oh, so good. Only four ingredients and perfect to use up all those ripe bananas you have. I wanted to add some texture to the ice cream and these pecans were the perfect crunch.
Now, let me tell yo a little bit about the pecans. I toasted them in a pan and coated them with honey. They were so fragrant and glossy. The honey added a sweet layer of flavor to the nuts, it was perfect with the bananas.
I just loved this combination so much! The honey was gifted to me by Taylor Pass Co. @taylorpasshoneyusa I got three different flavors, “Creamed Clover (this is the one I used for this ice cream), Beech Honey Dew and Native Flower” The flavors were so delicate and beautiful you can tell and the love they put in the process of making it. You can find a store near you using their store locator : https://taylorpasshoney.com/pages/store-locator Also on available on Amazon.
Honey Nut Banana Nice Cream
I always cut the bananas un chunks before I freeze them. It is easier and faster to blend in they are in smaller pieces.
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon nut milk
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a hot skillet, saute the pecans for a couple of minutes until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Add the two tablespoons of honey and nut milk. Stir constantly until most of the mixture has evaporate and the pecans are glossy and sticky.
- Transfer the pecans to the baking sheet spreading them apart. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor and process until the bananas are completely smooth and the texture resembles ice cream.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the pecans.
- Drizzle with some honey for serving.
- Eat immediately or keep in the freezer in an air tight container.