Store bought puff pastry is one of the best things ever invented. It is so convenient and always makes you look like a star in the kitchen.
This time I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful pears I found at my local store to make “Pear tarts.” They couldn’t be easier to make and you only need five ingredients! Your family will think you worked really hard in the kitchen but you and I know the secret. Give them a try!
What you need to make Pear Tarts
Puff pastry sheets
whipped cream for serving (Optional)
You can also turn these Pear tarts into apple tarts! Granny smith apples would work great for this recipe. You can keep the individual presentation or make one big tart. Just prepare the apples the same way you would prepare the pears: Peel them, remove the stem and core and slices them about 1/4″ slices or smaller. If you make a single family size tart, have fun with it! Arrange the apples or pears in any form or design you want.
Other recipes you might like:
Strawberry Galettes for Two – Marisol Cooks
Mini Apple Pies – Marisol Cooks
Triple Berry Almond Galette – Marisol Cooks
Easy Apple Tart – Marisol Cooks
- 2 Pears
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, diced in small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons apricot jam
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the pears and cut them in half length wise. Remove the stem and the core. Set aside.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet and cut it into four squares.
- Using a sharp paring knife, score a 1/2-inch-wide border around each pastry square. Prick the center of each square with a fork.
- Slice the pear halves into 1/4″ slices from top to bottom. Using a spatula transfer the pear and place it on the center of the square. Top the fruit with some pieces of butter and sprinkle with half a tablespoon of sugar. Repeat with the rest of the pear halves.
- Transfer the finish tarts to a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl add the apricot jam and 1/2 tablespoon of water and microwave for 20 seconds. Whisk together.
- Brush the fruit and pastry with the apricot jam to give it a nice and delicious glaze.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!