For some reason (because it’s perfectly delicious) I always like to make an apple dessert when I have friends over. I have made many versions of it but this “Easy Apple Tart” was for sure a winner. It is semi-homemade since I used a store bought pie crust, and boy was it easy and fast, and delicious!
Don’t get me wrong, I love making my crust all from scratch but I also love easy shortcuts like this one. I’m all for no-fuss entertaining.
I love serving my apple pie with vanilla ice-cream or whip cream but, It really is delicious on its own.
Find recipe below!
Easy Apple Tart
- 1 Store bought pie crust
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1/2 stick of cold butter, small diced
- 1/8 cup sugar
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- 1/4 apricot jam
- Powder sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Peel the apples and cut them in half through the stem. Remove the stems and cores using a melon baller or a knife. Slice the apples crosswise in 1/8″ thick slices.
- Place the pie crust onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the apple slices overlapping in a circular pattern starting on the outside, (leaving a 2″ marging to fold over at the end) working your way inward.
- Sprinkle the apples evenly with the sugar and dot with the cold butter.
- Fold the edge of the pie crust over in a free form fashion.
- Sprinkle the edge of the tart with turbinado sugar (optional)
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until brown.
- Stir the apricot jam with a spoon until it becomes smooth. You can also add a teaspoon of water. Brush the tart generously with the apricot jam. Sprinkle with powder sugar before serving.