Jump to recipe
These Banana and chocolate chip muffins are very special. They have some of my favorite ingredients like orange, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Heavenly combination. My girls go crazy for these muffins! It was also the first banana bread recipe I made.
This recipe is originally from Melissa d’Arabian, one of my favorite Food Network personalities, I miss her show so much. She’s in my opinion as authentic as they come. I’ve been making her recipe for many years, I have added and change a few things along the way because I can’t ever leave a recipe alone, that’s the truth. If you want to find Melissas original banana bread recipe click here.
For the banana bread and chocolate chip muffins, just keep reading.
Banana and Chocolate chip Muffins
You will get about 18 muffins.
I use a silicone muffin tin for this type of muffins. It works best.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use Mexican vanilla)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two muffin tins with cupcakes liners or spray generously with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix together the vanilla, eggs and orange juice in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a medium bowl until pale yellow and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the egg mixture and beat until creamy. Mix in the bananas until smooth.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients on low speed until well, incorporated. Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tins. top each muffin with a few chocolate chips and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
© 2023 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com